Sunday, August 3, 2014

Style Ramblings


Fashion, is it individual? Or a collective inspiration? Why do some people ignore it? Not just the rules. The  basic concepts of looking appropriate? 
My style is individual but fashion is a collective synopsis of culture, sociopolitical trends, voices individualizing the eclectic into a mainstream melody.
What you wear is far more than a label. It's a state of mind. Hell, if a particular label evokes that passion in you, then go ahead and be a label whore I say.
Pristine lines, delicate textures, tiny sequins and tie-dye. Details are what do it for me. 
I have a new beach sweater. Sweeter and softer Billabong than I have ever known. Cut out shoulders and a slight scoop neck to perfectly peek-a-boo your bikini's halter strings.
Putting it on this lazy, rainy Saturday morning I am transported to all the teenage summers wasted away on the beaches of my life. Hotter than hell days baking in the warm sun, playing in the salted ocean until the evening air starts to chill. As night sweeps over the once crowded beaches, only surfers and bonfires and beers can warm you up. You pull on your favorite sweater and dig your toes into the cooling sand. Perfect summer memories and a beach bum state of mind and all from my new sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment